All enquiries about my archives, and any positive feedback and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
A donation, no matter how small, would be very much appreciated!
The dramas are presented here in what is generally considered to be chronological order in Lord Peter's life,
rather than the order in which they were first broadcast or written.
- Whose Body
- A dead man is found in a bath, wearing nothing but a gold prince-nez.
The corpse had filthy black toenails,
flea bites, and the scent of carbolic soap lingering on his corpse.
Then comes the disappearance of oil millionaire Sir Reuben Levy.
With his beard shaved he would look very similar to the man found in the bath - but is Sir Reuben really dead?
- s01e01 - The Body in the Bath
- s01e02 - Disappearance of a Financier
- s01e03 - Lunch at Lady Swaffham's
- s01e04 - Shell Shock
- s01e05 - Bunter Brings a Letter
- Clouds of Witness
- Lord Peter's sister's fiance is murdered, and his brother the Duke of Denver is accused of the crime.
The Duke is tried in the House of Lords, and Lord Peter battles to clear his name.
- s02e01 - The Riddlesdale Inquest
- s02e02 - Mudstains and Bloodstains
- s02e03 - The Diamond Cat
- s02e04 - Mystery Illness
- s02e05 - The Morning After
- s02e06 - In a Fog
- s02e07 - The Barometer Falls
- s02e08 - The Speech For the Defence
- Unnatural Death
- A post-mortem concludes that there was "No sign of foul play",
but Lord Peter Wimsey is not satisfied and begins his own investigation.
There are no clues at all until the senseless murder of the victim's maid. Lord Peter
is faced with the problem of catching a desperate murderer before he becomes one of the victims himself,
and of discovering what goes on in a Mayfair flat.
- s03e01 - No Sign of Foul Play
- s03e02 - Death in Epping Forest
- s03e03 - The Will
- s03e04 - Hallelujah
- s03e05 - The Property Act
- s03e06 - Vera Findlater
- s03e07 - Miss Climpson Investigates
- The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club
- General Fentiman is found dead at his London club.
This is unremarkable until it turns out that a Lady Dormer died within a day of the General,
and her large fortune would have passed on to him if he had been living at the time of her death,
otherwise it would go to someone else. The exact time of the General's death is thus significant.
Lord Peter investigates exactly how long the General had been dead
and finds that not everything about the body is as it at first seemed.
- s04e01 - Armistice Night
- s04e02 - The General's Last Evening
- s04e03 - Mr Oliver
- s04e04 - Exhumation
- s04e05 - At Lady Dormer's
- s04e06 - Ann Dorland
- Strong Poison
- Novellist Harriet Vane is on trial for the murder of her fiance. Lord Peter in the public gallery is convinced she is innocent
and falls completely in love with her. His trusty employee Miss Climpson happens to be on the jury and she too believes the prisoner innocent.
In the jury room Miss Climpson sticks to her guns and ensures that a verdict cannot be reached.
A new trial is ordered, which gives Lord Peter the time to try to prove Harriet's innocence.
- s05e01 - The Old Bailey
- s05e02 - Ten Minutes in Bloomsbury
- s05e03 - Norman Urquhart
- s05e04 - Miss Murchison
- s05e05 - Pongo
- s05e06 - Turkish Delight
- The Five Red Herrings
- A talented but irascible artist out on a painting trip is found dead in a stream.
Whoever killed him had also apparently faked what the artist had been painting in the artist's own style, to make the death seem like an accident.
Six local artists are talented enough to achieve this, and all had had public arguments with the dead man.
One of the six is the criminal, and five are red herrings.
- s06e01 - The Body in the Burn
- s06e02 - Disappearances
- s06e03 - Bicycles
- s06e04 - Bunter Investigates
- s06e05 - Alibis
- s06e06 - Evidence of a Commercial Traveller
- s06e07 - Council of War
- s06e08 - Reconstruction
- Have His Carcase
- Detective novellist Harriet Vane discovers the body of a man on an isolated rock on the sea shore, his throat having been cut.
She takes photographs and notes that the death must have been recent, as the man's blood is still liquid.
There are no footprints in the sand other than hers and the victim's.
Unfortunately the corpse is washed away by the rising tide before she can summon help. Her lover Lord Peter Wimsey investigates.
- s07e01 - The Evidence of the Corpse
- s07e02 - Lord Peter Sets a Trap
- s07e03 - A Dutiful Son
- s07e04 - The Snake in the Grass
- s07e05 - Too Perfect an Alibi
- s07e06 - All a Question of Time
- Murder Must Advertise
- Lord Peter Wimsey goes undercover, working for the advertising agency Pym's Publicity as a junior copywriter.
His predecessor had died in a fall down an iron spiral staircase,
the death appears suspicious because the victim apparently made no attempt to save himself as he fell.
In the victim's desk a letter to the firm's proprietor is discovered, telling him that something "undesirable" had been going on in the office.
- s08e01 - Death Comes to Pym's Publicity
- s08e02 - Singular Spotlessness of a Lethal Weapon
- s08e03 - Unsentimantal Masquerade of a Harlequin
- s08e04 - Inexcusable Invasion of a Ducal Entertainment
- s08e05 - Sudden Decease of a Man in Dress Clothes
- s08e06 - Appropriate Exit of an Unskilled Murderer
- The Nine Tailors
- Stranded in a remote fenland village, Lord Peter Wimsey helps ring a long peal on the church bells
after one of the ringers is struck down with influenza. The local squire's wife dies of the illness,
and Wimsey hears how her family has been blighted by the theft of a valuable emerald necklace, which was never recovered.
The next year, the squire dies too, and when his wife's grave is opened for his burial, the mutilated body of a man is found.
- s09e01 - The Bells Are Rung Up
- s09e02 - Lord Peter Is Called In
- s09e03 - Bunter Breaks the Law
- s09e04 - The Hunt Moves to France
- s09e05 - A Question of Identity
- s09e06 - A Damnable Business
- s09e07 - All Is Not Explained
- s09e08 - Nine Tailors Make a Man
- Gaudy Night
- Lord Peter Wimsey's friend Harriet Vane is invited back to her Oxford college for a reunion called a Gaudy Night, where she receives a poison pen letter.
The letters continue over time, so Harriet is asked to investigate. She calls in Lord Peter, who helps uncover the culprit.
- Busman's Honeymoon
- Lord Peter Wimsey and Harriet Vane marry and go to spend their honeymoon at Talboys,
an old farmhouse in Hertfordshire which he has bought her as a present.
The honeymoon is intended as a break from their usual routine of solving crimes (him) and writing about them (her),
but it turns into a murder investigation when the seller of the house is found dead at the bottom of the cellar steps with severe head injuries.
- s11e01 - The Mysteries of Married Life
- s11e02 - Credit Where Credit Is Due
- s11e03 - A Policeman's Lot
- s11e04 - Not Why, But How
- s11e05 - Crossed in Love
- s11e06 - A Chain of Circumstances