TIME Magazine Person of the Year 2006
The constant "c" is not a speed.
E-mail me at Brian.firstname.lastname@example.org
The following are links to various projects of mine, in various states of completion...
- Archives of Radio Shows
- Collections of various radio comedy shows (
The Alan Davies Show,
All Gas and Gaiters,
Andy Hamilton Sort Of Remembers,
As Time Goes By,
Beyond Our Ken,
The Burkiss Way,
Clare in the Community,
Cliché and Son of Cliché,
The Clitheroe Kid,
Down the Line,
Flying the Flag,
Giles Wemmbley-Hogg Goes Off,
The Goon Show,
Hamish & Dougal,
Hancock's Half Hour,
Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy (HHGTTG),
I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue (ISIHAC),
I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again (ISIRTA),
It Sticks Out Half a Mile,
It's That Man Again (ITMA),
Just A Minute (JAM),
Jeremy Hardy Speaks to the Nation,
King Street Junior,
The Masterson Inheritance,
The Men From the Ministry,
The Million Pound Radio Show,
The Museum of Curiosity (MOC),
The Navy Lark,
The News Quiz,
The Now Show
Old Harry's Game,
Rest is History, The,
Round the Horne,
Take It From Here,
That Mitchell and Webb Sound,
The Unbelievable Truth
), all in mp3 format, playable online. Email me to ask me nicely for details.
- Software that I wrote for the BBC Micro back in 1988, and which featured in Disk User magazine.
- Bell Ringing Pages
- Various pages related to bell ringing.
- Photo Galleries
- Various galleries of my photographs, with a few by other people too.
- The Cruise of the Dondevoy
- In 1972 I took an extended trip on the canals in an old converted rowing boat.
The Cruise of the Dondevoy is my diary of that journey,
written at the time during my travels.
- Bernard Newsam's Universal Time
- My father, the late Bernard Newsam (b.1913 d.1994), held some unique views
on the nature of time and space. In particular he maintained that conventional three-dimensional
space is an artefact of the human mind, and that (in his own words) "time is the actual stuff of
extension of the universe". Various documents about Bernard, his life and his work are presented
- Bleak Water
- Photographs taken to illustrate the novel Bleak Water,
by Danuta Reah.
- My Grandmother as a Suffragette
- The story of how my grandmother got into one of Asquith's political meetings.
- Kashmiri Song
- Amy Woodforde-Finden's Kashmiri Song, copied from a 78 disc, before processing with Audacity, and after.
- Various Documents to Download
- Downloadable documents that I make available for public use
- Sheffield Traffic Information
- Special Google Maps page showing
live traffic information, centred on Sheffield.
- Player Pianos
- A couple of links to YouTube videos about player pianos